Matthew C. Jones CPA, CISA, OSCP
Audit Partner, Partner- IS Audits & Consulting, LLC Subsidiary
Send An Email
Recent Articles & Updates
Matt serves in the financial institution audit practice of the firm and also is the managing partner of IS Audits and Consulting, LLC, a subsidiary which performs information systems audits, penetration testing (ethical hacking), and vulnerability assessment services for financial institutions and various other industries. In addition to client service, he spends time performing security research, writing articles and speaking on information security and hacking techniques, and also contributes to the open source security community through the development and sharing of security assessment tools.
Matt graduated from the University of Georgia with a BBA in Accounting and a Master of Accountancy with a focus in auditing. Prior to joining the firm in 2003, he worked as a tax associate at Thomas W. Scott & Associates in Athens, GA as well as an audit associate at Deloitte & Touche, LLP in Atlanta, GA. Upon joining the firm, he soon began to develop a niche in information systems auditing for our banking clients which eventually grew to become our IS Audits & Consulting, LLC subsidiary. Earlier in his career with the firm, Matt also served as the firm’s network administrator and internal software developer in addition to his role as an auditor and pentester.
Matt is a native of Dublin, GA and is the lead singer and guitarist for the local southern rock band Days After along with his brother, who plays piano and keyboards. His other hobbies include home brewing, BBQ, and woodworking. On a fall Saturday afternoon, he is typically in Athens watching the Dawgs ‘tween the hedges.
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
- University of Georgia, Master of Accountancy
Certifications and Memberships
- Certified Public Accountant & Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) – AICPA
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – ISACA
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) – Offensive Security
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- ISACA (formerly Information Systems Audit and Control Association), Member